Monday, September 29, 2008

Crimson Red

Crimson Red
That scarlet thread
That Blood so precious flows


I run and play
In the Red Clay
It sticks
It sticks
To my toes


Crimson Red
The Brow that's Crowned
With the Curse upon Mankind
You've taken it upon Your Head
It's on Your Head
Your Blessed Head
It's on Your Head
Not mine


Your ragged Body
Torn and Strewn
It hung
It hung
It hung


Your flesh it dripped
Your Human Skin ripped
And all the Incarnation See
And all the Incarnation See...


The carnage is all I see
The carnage is all I see


How primitive!
How obscene!


That we would need such atonement!
Ohhh we so proud!!
Ohhh we so stiffnecked!!
That we should need such atonement!


But down I look
My feet in the dust
My feet of dust
Down I look on this
Earth I tred
And all is dust
All is dust


The Clay is Red


The Red Clay it still clings
I shake it
I wash it off
But the Red Clay
It still clings

Oh Father I am indeed
The Savage
And for me
You cursed
Your Son
Yes
You cursed Him For me!


Oh Father, yes it is obscene
That Your Holy, Pure, Sinless Son became sin for me!


But how it isThat irony
That sweet irony
You write
You write the impossible
Out of things eternal
And make our gowns bright with light
You make our gowns bright with light
Our sins
Our sins
Hidden from Your sight
Jesus became the sin that I am
To make me become as Righteous
As the Lamb!

Instantly The Exchange Was Made
On the Cross
That Dreadful Day
Time shrinkwrapped Into One Event
That Blessed Gift
The Atonement
Everything that I am He became
Everything that He is I was made same

The Red Clay
It never leaves my feet
It covers me now
Yes, the Red Clay never leaves my feet
It
Covers
Covers
Covers
Me
Eternally
From
Head
To
Toe

No comments: